Masters Law Firm PC

USCIS Launches New Find a Doctor Tool

A medical exam is required for most Adjustment of Status (Green Card) applicants. This medical exam must be performed by a USCIS registered civil surgeon. USCIS has now created a new system to make it easier to find a registered civil surgeon close to you. This -Find a Doctor- locator tool lets you enter your address and zip code to search for doctors closest to your location. It also gives directions and helps you find local public transportation if needed.

You can access the Find a Civil Surgeon tool by going to home page and clicking on TOOLS. Then click on “Find a Civil Surgeon (Doctor)” on the left hand side of the page. Once you click on that, it’s easy to follow the prompts until you find a doctor close to you. If you are not very tech savvy, then you can still find a civil surgeon by the calling the National Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once you have located a civil surgeon close to you, I recommend that you call to make an appointment. I would also inquire about price, if they provide the I-693 Forms, and see if they accept your medical insurance.

The following are a list of Items that should be brought to the exam:

–Form I-693 Report of Examination and Vaccination Record (bring this if the doctor does not provide it).
–Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver license or valid passport. If you are 14 or younger bring your birth certificate with an English translation if needed.
–Medical insurance card (check with the doctor to see if they accept your medical plan)
–Vaccination or immunization record.
–Payment for the exam.

During the exam the doctor will be testing for communicable diseases such as tuberculosis and to make sure you have all the required vaccinations. After conducting the exam and tests the civil surgeon will place the Form I-693 in a sealed envelope. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. USCIS will not accept the form if the envelope has been altered or opened. Before the doctor seals the envelope ask for a copy of the medical exam for your records.

Stay updated on upcoming Colorado immigration reform with us here at Masters Law Firm PC. Call us now for immigration advice that you can rely on!

Contact Denver, Colorado immigration attorney Bobbie C. Masters to make an appointment to discuss how she can help you obtain U.S. citizenship – TODAY!

DISCLAIMER: The information provided at this site is of a general nature and it is not, nor is it intended to be legal advice. The laws change rapidly, and Masters Law Firm, P.C. makes no guarantee or warranty regarding the information or content of our site or other sites to which we link. Masters Law Firm, P.C. will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages arising from any information available on or from this site. People seeking specific legal advice should consult our firm or another experienced immigration attorney. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Share This