Masters Law Firm PC

August 2013 Visa Bulletin Released

The family sponsored F2A category has become “Current” for August and is expected to stay “Current” for the next several months. This means that foreign nationals who are spouses or child (under the age of 21) of a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) may immediately apply for lawful permanent resident status.

This means that while the priority date stays current, that a spouse or child of a LPR who is lawfully present in the United States may apply to adjust their status while in the United States. For example, if a spouse of a LPR is currently in the United States on a student visa, they can now apply for a green card. Therefore, they would be adjusting their status from a student to a LPR. If the spouse or child of a LPR is currently living in the United States after their visa expired they should not apply for adjustment of status until their LPR spouse naturalizes.

If the spouse and children of the LPR are outside of the United States, the LPR may petition for them. Once the petition is approved they can then apply for their green card through the consulate in their home country if the priority date is still “Current.” This is called consulate processing.

Stay updated on the upcoming Colorado immigration reform with us here at Masters Law Firm PC. Call us now for immigration advice that you can rely on.

Contact Denver, Colorado immigration attorney Bobbie C. Masters to make an appointment to discuss how she can help you obtain U.S. citizenship – TODAY!

DISCLAIMER: The information provided at this site is of a general nature and it is not, nor is it intended to be legal advice. The laws change rapidly, and Masters Law Firm, P.C. makes no guarantee or warranty regarding the information or content of our site or other sites to which we link. Masters Law Firm, P.C. will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages arising from any information available on or from this site. People seeking specific legal advice should consult our firm or another experienced immigration attorney. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Share This